For thousands of women, “those days of the month” can be extremely overwhelming and exhausting at the same time. Women across the world have to manage hundreds of tasks such as work, household chores, groceries, kids. And if they have to undergo the unbearable symptoms associated with the menstrual cycle as well, then their life can actually turn into a battle where they can’t win at all.
Menstrual pain itself is a very excruciating process and if you have a Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome on the top of that can be extremely painful. But, sadly, this medical condition is not curable. It can only be managed by following a healthy lifestyle.
Even after having knowledge about the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle, millions of women are continuously getting affected with one or the other symptoms of this major public health disorder.
Why Are The Available Treatment Options Not Effective?
Menstrual cycles accompany both physical as well as a psychological struggle which every woman has to go through. Sudden outbursts, mood swings, intolerable menstrual cramps, are among the most common symptoms of PMS or PCOS.
To regulate the menstrual cycle and its related symptoms, there are many prescription medications available such as birth control pills, Spironolactone, Eflornithine, and many more. However, these medications come with a lot of side-effects along with them. So, it becomes impossible to continue therapy using such medications.
Is CBD Any Helpful?
CBD has acquired a lot of attention not only in the US but across the globe because of the incredible medicinal health benefits that it has to offer. Scientists, Doctors, and others are now acknowledging its innumerable benefits which has led to a complete revolution in the healthcare sector.
Mechanism of Action Of CBD For Relieving PMS OR PCOS Symptoms
One of the primary cannabinoids of medical cannabis, “CBD” can be helpful in relieving the painful menstrual cramps using the following procedure.
- Anti-inflammatory Action- CBD is known to have a potent anti-inflammatory action. They act by inhibiting the production of inflammatory prostaglandins which might arise during the menstrual cycle.
- Pain-relieving Action- Medical cannabis as a whole has an effective pain-relieving effect. CBD also targets the pain-transmitting nerves by modulating the endocannabinoid receptors. Hence, alleviating the pain sensations significantly. CBD helps in enhancing the soothing effects to the area near the neighboring pain receptors as well.
- Muscle-Relaxant- Menstrual cramps can be extremely painful when there are contractions of the lining of smooth muscles across the uterus. CBD targets endocannabinoid receptors by relaxing these contractions.
- Vascular- Relaxant- When CBD induces relaxation among the smooth muscles, it readily improves the blood flow. This process helps in providing relief to the oxygen-deprived tissues. Hence, eventually alleviating the severity of cramps.
Benefits of Using CBD For Menstrual Cycles
CBD can be helpful for alleviating many PMS associated symptoms efficiently. Here’s how it will be beneficial for you.
● For Reducing Menstrual Cramps
A number of researches as well as mmj specialists providing 420 evaluations have advocated its pain-relieving capabilities. It also has the property of being an excellent muscle relaxant. Hence, can be used as an aid while going through those intense painful muscle cramps during a period.
While taking into account this effect, a noted celebrity “Whoopi Goldberg” along with a Maya has developed a brand of medical cannabis products for providing relief from menstrual discomfort.
Backaches occur normally when going through a period. CBD is an excellent analgesic which acts as a pain reliever in such situations as well. It has shown to reduce any kind of pain associated with PMS by interacting with the vanilloid receptors. Hence, desensitizing pain effectively.
Also, CBD increases the levels of anandamide which is known to reduce pain and inflammation associated with PMS along with boosting the levels of another neurotransmitter which is responsible for providing potent anti-inflammatory actions.
Management of Mood Swings
Women go through a lot of mood transitions during their periods. The reason being there is a lot of fluctuation in the estrogen levels during the menstrual cycle.
CBD helps in improving the mood changes by decreasing the absorption of serotonin in the brain temporarily. Hence, eventually stabilizing mood efficiently.
Reduces Acne or Any Related Skin Disorders
Hormonal changes are a natural occurrence during their periods. CBD has potent anti-inflammatory, as well as anti-proliferative action which can reduce the overproduction of sebum associated with PMS.
Painful PCOS symptoms result in sleepless nights. With CBD, one can get quality sleep as it helps in enhancing calmness as well as other effects.
Strains to Help With Menstrual Cycles
It is a hybrid strain which is rich in CBD. This strain helps in pain alleviation as well as helps in reducing stress associated with PCOS.
This is a THC dominant strain, but the presence of CBD helps to nullify the psychoactive effects of the strain. It provides relaxing effects along with reducing the cases of depression. It is a perfect medication for daytime relief.
It is an extremely helpful strain for reducing those painful menstrual cramps. It is advisable to microdose or starts with the lowest dose to reduce the psychoactive effects of this strain.
It is helpful for reducing the painful symptoms along with stress-inducing factors. It is a perfect medication for night-time relief.
How To Purchase CBD Products Online?
CBD is a cannabinoid which is legal in all the 50 states of the US. So, you can buy your favorite CBD products online without worrying about any legal implications. You can also get it shipped right at your doorsteps.
Things to remember before buying CBD products?
Quality of product
For buying CBD oil products, various platforms are available, hence one gets tempted to grab the most affordable CBD products. But to make sure the product is effective, you should look for quality instead of low prices.
Fake products available
CBD oil is often mislabeled. We can find CBD oil marketed in various forms like drops, syrups, lotions, and creams. One must be cautious before buying any CBD product because many products that are sold in the market are not pure, thus creating doubt about their authenticity or safety.
Thus, avoid getting trapped with the high claims and vague advertising of different health products. Hence, you should research the quality of CBD products thoroughly that you wish to purchase. CBD oil products are beneficial in improving the quality of life of patients suffering from chronic illness.
Browse through a wide selection of CBD products that are 100% tried, tested and recommended by the mmj doctors.
PMS can be overwhelming for many. CBD has shown to target the cause. Perhaps, this is the reason why women are switching to CBD products for managing their menstrual dilemmas efficiently. So, don’t shy away because of any social stigma attached to cannabis or CBD, switch to this natural supplement and transform your life completely.
Discover the Untapped Potential of Medical Cannabis in Women
As more states are moving towards making history with cannabis legalization, it makes sense that more people are using it for recreational as well as medicinal purposes. However, medical cannabis seems to be a topic of patriarchy “most” of the times.
But, this seems more of a claim rather than a fact. According to one of the most popular cannabis delivery company “Eaze”, there has been an entire turnaround in the cannabis consumption among gender.
Women account for more than 35% of cannabis consumption, which is expected to increase a lot more in the coming months as well.
Among the fervent admirers of medical cannabis who are relying on it for its incredible therapeutic properties are some of the notable celebrities as well.
One such celebrity is the world-renowned singer, songwriter, and philanthropist “Lady Gaga”. She has been using cannabis for managing her hip pain.
But, what are the odds that medical cannabis can be beneficial for multiple issues faced by women?
Medical Cannabis and Women Health
Medical cannabis has proved its worth for many therapeutic purposes such as epilepsy, gastrointestinal, endocrine, central as well as peripheral nerve disorders along with pain and inflammation associated with a number of diseases.
So, women, if you are looking to switch from traditional pharmaceutical medications to medical marijuana, here’s how it can be beneficial for your respective medical disorder.
For Pre-Menstrual Syndrome
PMS is associated with a number of symptoms whose severity usually vary among women. The symptoms include-
- Menstrual cramps
- Breast tenderness
- Irritability due to mood alterations
- Skin disorders such as acne
- Sudden weight changes (Mostly increase in weight)
Research has confirmed that medical cannabis can be used as an alternative therapy for almost all the symptoms associated with PMS.
- For relieving menstrual cramps, medical cannabis acts as a muscle relaxant. This process significantly calms the tensed muscles. Thereby relieving the extremely painful cramps in women.
- Medical cannabis is also helpful in alleviating headaches associated with the monthly periods.
- The cannabinoids present in the medical cannabis interact with the endocannabinoid system receptors present in the brain. Hence, inhibiting the serotonin also referred to as “ the feel-good hormone” absorption in the brain. Hence, boosting the mood effectively.
- Menstrual cramps are responsible for those sleepless nights which women have to undergo almost every month. Medical cannabis has confirmed its therapeutic potential as a sleep inducer. Hence, improving the quality of sleep during those days.
- Medical cannabis modules the body temperature. Hence, alleviating symptoms such as hot flashes.
- It can also be used to reduce many psychological symptoms such as sleep disturbances, anxiety, and depression.
- Another risk factor associated with menopause is osteoporosis. The reason being, estrogen levels (which is responsible for bone growth) significantly drop down during menopause.
- Along with the above mentioned medical symptoms, cannabis is extremely helpful in reducing facial hair along with cardiovascular complications as well.
- Inhibition of cell proliferation as well as migration
- Reducing the chances of lesion vascularization and innervation in the endometrial layer
- Alleviating inflammation by reducing the formation of inflammatory molecules such as prostaglandins
- Alteration of immune responses
- Reducing the chances of pain transmission
- MyJane, an online wellness community that is offering cannabis service just for women.
- Another medical marijuana delivery service, The Herb Collective, is also offering premium-grade products.
- Tops Cannabis is providing all indoor grown cannabis products directly from the grower to you.
Menopause is a gradual process which is a process that every woman has to face during their lifetime. But, while some women pass this stage very comfortable, others have to go through many challenges while going through this phase.
In such situations, medical cannabis can act as a life savior. Because of the fact that cannabis can help to manage a variety of symptoms which are often modulated during menopause. These include-
Medical cannabis has shown to reverse bone loss. Hence, reducing the chances of developing osteoporosis.
Unlike the most popular notion that endometriosis is a rare medical disorder, actually, more than 6 million women are suffering from endometriosis.
Women with this medical issue have been thought to have at least one of the following symptoms such as unbearable periods, extremely painful intercourse and urination, GIT disorders, along with back, abdominal and pelvic pains.
As per a study published in Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research 2017, medical cannabis can be an ideal option for alleviating symptoms associated with endometriosis. Because one can target the endocannabinoid system which is responsible for managing most of the symptoms associated with endometriosis.
Medical marijuana can be beneficial for endometriosis by:
A study titled, “ The relationship between Marijuana Use Prior to Sex and Sexual Function in Women” which was conducted at Saint Louis University, Missouri, showed that more than 60% of respondents gave a positive response for the same.
Most of the times, reduced sexual desires of libido are a result of various psychological factors such as anxiety, depression, and more. Many doctors advocate using medical cannabis for reducing such medical symptoms. Hence, alleviating any sexual health issues effectively.
Also, Medical cannabis can be helpful in enhancing the sexual experience by promoting muscle relaxation, along with increasing blood flow. Hence, improving the overall sexual health of women.
Breast cancer is among the growing health hazards among women. Stats suggest that around 1 in ever 10 women gets affected with this breast cancer at one or the other point in their lives.
Medical cannabis has shown its potential in this area as well. A study conducted in 2014 showed that cannabinoids can reduce the metastasis of breast cancer cells. Basically, they are known to have various anti-cancer properties such as anti-proliferation, pro-apoptosis, anti-migration, and others.
Thus, can be used as an adjunct with the known therapies for enhancing the medicinal effects.
Skin Disorders such as Acne
Women face a lot of skin issues because of their fluctuating hormonal levels due to periods or menopause, or other environmental factors.
Medical cannabis has shown to manage some of the common skin problems such as acne. They act by regulating the oil production in the sebum glands. Hence, inhibiting their overproduction which is thought to be responsible for many skin disorders.
They act by using the following therapeutic properties such as anti-inflammatory, anti-proliferative. Hence, inhibiting the spreading of damaged cells effectively.
You Can Now Opt for Home Delivery Services
There are many online delivery services which can help get your medication without going to the dispensary or store. Especially after the legalization of cannabis delivery services in California since January 16, 2019.
Medical cannabis is thought to be the panacea of almost every symptom or any medical condition related to women. There are actually tons of benefits associated cannabis use.
This has led to its entry in the mainstream healthcare successfully- especially for women. A report has concluded that more than 70% of women have either stopped using any OTC or prescription drugs or they have reduced their usage.
Yet, there are many women who are subjected to social pressures. Either, they don’t use medical cannabis or prefer to keep it a secret altogether. Hence, mostly eliminating their chances of using this incredible healthy alternative for reducing their respective medical disorders.