Buying cannabis in the past mostly depends on the color and smell followed by taste and potency. Today, even with the knowledge available when buying weed, the color is still an attractive factor.
Anthocyanins are responsible for the vibrant colors of weed. The anthocyanins are a group of up to 400 water-soluble molecules that are flavonoids. The anthocyanins are present in the plant tissues, flowers leave, and even in the trichomes or tiny outgrowths on the plants.
It’s important to note that certain strains of cannabis alter color as they start flowering. Also, the weeds can appear blue, red, or purple according to the pH level.
The temperature also plays a role in the variety of weed colors. Like the leaves in autumn, they change from green to red, orange, yellow, or gold as the temperature drops. The same applies to cannabis, in which the colors appear once the green starts to fade.
Furthermore, under cool temperatures, it limits the production of chlorophyll, which is a plant component that’s essential to photosynthesis Depending on the strain of cannabis, specific colors can manifest if there’s a drop in the temperature and the light cycle shortens, mimicking a change in the season.
The various strains of weed are available in different cannabinoid ratios, anthocyanins, and flavor profiles. Here are more information about the different color strains of weed:
Red And Pink
Although weeds with red hair seem popular these days, those with reddish buds and leaves are somewhat rare. This is because only certain strains carry the dominant red tones, such as the Pink Flower Shaman, especially if you want an actual ruby weed.
The red weed undergoes genetic production by combining three types of cannabis–Indica, Ruderalis, and Sativa. Also, the red weed is widespread for its mixed effects, which provides better relief to both body and mind and has an intoxicating aroma.
The Predator Pink or Pink Kush showcase stunning shades of pink and fuchsia. These are Indica-dominant hybrids with effects that get rids of pain, appetite loss, and insomnia.
Here’s more info about the Pink Kush:
- It’s an Indica-dominant hybrid with potent effects on the body. The pink hairs range from vibrant green buds barely visible beneath a layer of trichomes in some of its variations. It exudes sweet vanilla and candy-like scent with a potency that can be quite overpowering.
As mentioned, a small amount may efficiently relieve pain, appetite loss, and insomnia. However, those who want to cultivate the weed may have to wait for 10 to 11 weeks for the flowering to manifest. Still, the yields are genuinely worth the wait.
Some strains, such as Grandaddy Purple, Purple Urkle, and many others, can readily produce a violet color, which is a unique pigment. Weeds that appear purplish or blue are fruitier due to the larger number of anthocyanins present. The purple shades are likely to manifest in more neutral pH environments.
Some purple weeds have large amounts of pigment to lower the temperatures. This is responsible for the plant turning purple since it’ll naturally lose chlorophyll when it’s near the end of its life.
Here are some famous purple strains:
- The Purple Orangutan: boasts the most vibrant purple hue in the world. As an Indica hybrid, it generates lush, chunky buds with layers of trichomes and purple shades. It also boasts a scent of fresh earth and berries with a flavor that strikingly resembles freshly-picked grapes. Purple Orangutan may provide relief to insomnia, pain, migraines, and muscle spasms.
- Grandaddy Purple: a combination of the Purple Urkle and Big Bud strains–the main intention was to create the best Indica hybrid that works well in medical and recreational use. It’s famous for its high THC content.
- Purple Urkle: a California strain with an essence that boasts a combination of berry, skunk, and fresh grapes. It produces a profound soothing, sleep-inducing effect and it may also be the ideal choice to achieve full-body pain relief. The quick onset of the effects makes it the perfect strain during nighttime, especially for people suffering from insomnia.
The weeds available in blue shades are rich in anthocyanins, and most consider it a truly unique and beautiful choice. The color naturally occurs as the temperature drops. Also, the blue variants have a higher pH level than most of the cannabis strains.
All the blue variants came from Dutch Passion’s Blueberry in Amsterdam in the 1970s. Some of the popular strains include Blue Mystic, Blue Haze, and Blue Cheese. As predominant Indica strains, they’re suitable for relaxation and relief from pain, muscle spasms, or stress.
- Blue Mystic is likely to include some Blueberry, Northern Lights, or Skunk strains. It has a faint bluish tint that can make the buds with layers of trichomes take on a gray appearance. It boasts a distinct blueberry scent but fairly subtle than the other strains.
- Blueberry is one of the favorite Indica strains with a long history and a high THC content. It boasts a sweet flavor of fresh blueberries along with a relaxing effect to induce a long-lasting euphoria. It’s a popular choice to help deal with stress and pain.
Weeds with hues of orange, yellow, and gold, is due to the presence of carotenoids. Hence, if you want to achieve these colors, you should provide more alkaline conditions. In case these colors are dominant in the plant, they’re likely to manifest once the flowering phase comes to an end–while chlorophyll starts to lessen.
The orange hue is likely to affect the buds and hairs, such as Orange Crush, Agent Orange, and Tangerine Dream. These variants are popular as mood enhancers for their fresh-cut citrus aroma.
- Orange Crush is a hybrid strain between Blueberry and California Orange. The variant induces a potent cerebral effect that can be uplifting with its delightful and tangy flavor.
The presence of carotenoids is responsible for generating warm colors in various plants, including squash, carrots, tomatoes, and pumpkins. Some flavonoids are yellow and can affect the color of cannabis.
The yellow strains include Golden Lemon, Lemon Haze, and Strawberry Banana. These variants are famous for their citrusy, sweet scents and high THC content, which stimulates a happy, stimulating effect that may sharpen sensory awareness and creativity.
- Lemon Haze is a Sativa strain that boasts the flavor and scent of freshly peeled slices of lemon. The buds initially appear green and yellow with amber hairs on the trichomes, providing a yellowish tinge.
As the dominant color of most flowering plants, including cannabis, the green color is brought about by the presence of chlorophyll. In some plant tissues, they contain large chlorophyll concentrations where the green tint masks the other pigments.
The strains that retain the green hue include Green Goblin and Green Crack.
- Green Crack boasts a fruity, tangy flavor that may induce an invigorating mental boost that can keep you going strong throughout the day. It’s the ideal choice to manage stress, fatigue, and depression.
Some rare strains of weed turn into a dark shade that appears black. The origin of these variants comes from the Vietnamese landraces, such as the Vietnamese Black.
- Vietnamese Black is a pure Sativa strain, which is the ideal choice if you need an energy boost. It may also improve your focus and attention, making it a must-have if you want to get things done.
All the other hybrids, such as Black Tuna and Black Willy, typically share both the distinctive ebony leaves and buds.
The black weeds are famous for their intense psychedelic effect. The black appearance originates from an excessive amount of all colors in the leaves. In warm temperatures, the lighter red and gold hues replace the dark red and purple tints.
Does Color Play A Role?
A usual misunderstanding with the weed strains with bright colors is that they’re more potent. However, it’s important to remember that color doesn’t influence the potency.
In some instances, the buds that grow to their maximum potential have a dense layer of trichomes that appear almost white. The trichomes include cannabinoids and terpenes, making them potent.
Nevertheless, anthocyanins act as potent antioxidants and have anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and neuroprotective qualities. Although the presence of anthocyanins won’t alter the potency of cannabinoids, such as the THC levels, it might provide the strain an extra beneficial effect on overall health.
Weeds that have healthy and vibrant colors are also an indication that they’re at peak flavor, freshness, and potency. If you consume your colorful weed as oils, tinctures, edibles, or capsules, you’ll also enjoy the nutritional benefits of anthocyanins, carotenoids, and other flavonoids.
With the different weed colors available today, choosing one based on the color can be a challenge. Depending on your specific needs and the medicinal or recreational benefits you want to enjoy, the different color strains have their particular purposes. Although it can be tempting to try each one due to their striking colors, make sure that you’ll choose the right one that suits your needs.
istanbul’da hurdacı numarası mı arıyorsunuz. Güncel hurda fiyatları ile hurda alan hurdacı telefonumuzu arayın
Hurdacı mı arıyorsunuz? İstanbul hurdacı firmamıza tüm hurdanızı güncel hurda fiyatları ile satabilirsiniz.